Monday, January 31, 2011

I have lived on the lip of insanity....

I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door.
It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside!
-- Rumi

 Many live on the lip of insanity, and for exactly the reasons he posits. 

The mind runs aimlessly hither and thither, bumping up against itself, in various guises. (Who'd you think you were bumping into up there? There's nobody home but you.) The mind, the ego voice, chatters incessantly, blaming, making excuses, and most of all, scaring you with dire consequences and evil predictions.We want to run away, to hide, to find safety. Until, of course, we get the joke.
You can't run away or get over it. There is nothing to run from, and there is no it. There's just you, seeking the answer to the following, "Why am I choosing to scare myself?" How can you run away from a question you're asking yourself?

Keep opening, keep walking, but knock once. Then notice. Not only does the door open, but you find yourself opening the door to yourself, so your self is set free. ...

Post ur comments

No comments:

Post a Comment